Friday, June 6, 2008

Make A Wish Exchange Received!!! (and more!)



I received a LOVELY Needleroll from Carolyn in the Make A Wish Exchange group yesterday afternoon. She stitched the Shepherd's Bush Pansy Needleroll & I just love it. Thank you so very much Carolyn, it's beautiful!! I also mailed two pieces - one to Shelleen & one to Becky. Hope they arrive safely & quickly my friends & I hope you like them. :-)

I didn't stitch on my "Happy Home SAL" last night as I was finishing up the Biscornu for Becky. I'm going to "cheat" & stitch on it tomorrow (or Sunday) as I hope to finish up a RR tonight. Wish me luck! :-) I can't wait to get back to it. We had to run a few errands today so I went by the library & picked up a book on CD. I plan to park myself in the "music room" over the weekend & stitch & listen for as long as I like (or as long as my neck/back will allow). :-) Hope it works out that way.

BTW, if you like the Just Cross Stitch Ornament magazine, the Preview issue arrived today & I LOVE the Sue Hillis ornament. It's in the "tree" in the center of the pic. You can see it here............. click! Wonder why I like it so much? It's red, a tree and to me, just adorable! ;-) Can't wait to see the full mag in a few months. I actually do stitch from them now & again even!

I also bought myself some stash this week... well, one pattern anyway....
it's by Isa Vautier and I fell in love with it! I'm not sure I'll stitch it in red (even though that's my fav color), but it's adorable - rabbits, trees, birds & birdhouses... can't top that! I'll also leave off the text at the bottom as I haven't a clue what it says! lol Cute though isn't it?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of stitching!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely needleroll - wish fulfilled!
That Isa piece is just gorgeous, as is the red Christmas tree... too much red is barely enough!!!!

cathymk said...

What a beautiful needleroll from Carolyn!
Love your new redwork, my schoolgirl french cannot help with interpreting the verse but it is just lovely. The birdhouses and bunnies are so cute.
AND I LOVE the new ornies in the new issue of JCS!! That tree is very special and the others are just fabulous. You have a lot of stitching planned for the weekend - hope your needle flies!

Jane said...

It must have been a real delight to unpackthe needleroll. It is indeed very beautiful

Jen said...

Beautiful needleroll and I love the Isa pattern.

Daffycat said...

What a beautiful needleroll you received!

Thanks for the tip about the JCS Ornament Preview...I must check the bookstore today!

OMG! I love your new pattern! Isn't that the most adorable set of bunnies and birdhouses I've ever seen?

Have a great stitchy weekend!

Andrea said...

Beautiful needleroll.Love your new stash too.

Anonymous said...

thats a vvery beautiful needleroll you must have been soo pleased

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love that Isabelle V. pattern too ;) It's gorgeous Amy...
And your needleroll from Carolyn is spectacular! KUDOS to you ;)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OOPS, forgot to mention that I have the Sue Hillis Ornie already on my short list ;)

Anonymous said...

The French design is so nice. I'm not into animal stitching; but, this is so pretty that I might be tempted.

Cathy B said...

Carolyn stitched alovely needleroll for you - congratulations! I can't wait to receive the Just Cross Stitch preview issue and then will be anxious for the real ornament issue in September!

Deanne J said...

Beautiful needleroll

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore that bunny design, thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

How pretty!! I love pansies AND needlerolls - this is a perfect combination - and it's extra special because it was a gift! :)
Thanks for showing the preview - I think I'm going to be a very busy stitcher between now and Christmas!! :