Sunday, August 31, 2008

Two LOVELY exchanges received....

Look at this WONDERFUL Mattress pin cushion from Leena -- and look at the back!

She did an amazing job and I love it! She is so very creative and I am thrilled as can be with this lovely piece. Thank you again Leena!
Oh, this was my "wish" on the Make A Wish BB exchange group - great group btw!


I received my first HoE exchange from Nic W. and it's a beautiful Needleroll. Nic says the design is by Gail Bussi, and I'm a big fan of Gails so it's perfect! Isn't this so dainty & pretty?

And here is a pic of all the other goodies that Nic included, just wonderful as well, esp. the floss tag ring! Thank you so much Nic, I love it all & I'm just thrilled that you chose this to stitch for me! :-)

My HoE NR has been finished for oh, over 2 weeks & I forgot to mail it. I had intended to send it yesterday but didn't get finished before the mailman came. It's going to go out Tuesday & has a way's to go, but I hope the recipient will like it. I feel so dumb, but the past couple of weeks have been just crazy and I just put it to the side & forgot about it. :-(

Thank you for the well wishes in the commets in my last blog entry. I was feeling pretty rough last week. I'm better now (I think) & hope it stays that way. I had a terrible time with migraines when I was really young (very early 20's) but thought I had gotten over them, only having several a year. Now they seem to be "flaring up" for lack of a better way to put it. Let's hope they go away soon!

I keep meaning to say thank you to those who have given me the blogger awards. I haven't posted them & picked others because it is so hard to do. I read a lot of blogs & have lots of favorites. Thank you to those who have chosen me, I do appreciate it so much!

For those are in the path of Hurricane Gustav, please be safe. If you are told to leave, please do so. It's been almost 19 years since we sat through a MAJOR hurricane, but I will never forget it as long as I live. It was one of the scariest nights of my life. I will be praying for you & everyone in it's path.

Hope everyone has a happy Labor Day - I plan to stitch as much as possible! :-)

13 comments:

Sonda said...

What beautiful cross-stitch pieces you received!!

Natasha said...

Amy,those are some lovely exchanges you recieved. I am happy to hear you are feeling a bit better. Headaches are no fun :(

Hope you are having a nice weekend
Natasha

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Gorgeous! I esp love that mattress oe - how special.

Tanya

Carolyn NC said...

Very nice exchanges - glad you're feeling better.

Sharon said...

Both are gorgeous!

Karol said...

Beautiful finishes. Hope you are on the mend.

Connie B said...

What lovely pieces!!!

Petra said...

You received beautiful pieces...sorry to hear about your headache last week...I've recently changed my migraine meds to something that works like a charm! If you want to know the name I need to look it up though, email me....!
This has zero side effects!
Hope you have a great start to the week!
Stitch on!

Chris said...

Beautiful pieces you received. I love the needleroll especially. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Just lovely!

Ruth said...

OOoo, you've been getting nice mail. Very, very nice mail. I hope the nifty packages help ease your headaches.

hugs!

Lennu said...

I'm happy that you like the mattress pincushion, I so much enjoyed stitching it for you :) The needleroll is a beauty!!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Two great exchanges packages, Leena's finish is terrific and NicW is someone new to me and this post inspired me to add her blog to my watch list. Thanks for sharing and glad you are feeling better. CJ(ok;-)