Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a great week at the beach...

I'm back from the Pals Fall Fling (for almost a week) but I have been so busy, just no time to post at all. I do have some stitching things I want to show you & will try to get pics taken later today. I can share some pics with you though....
The first one is the group pic, with about a dozen gals missing. Some didn't want to be in it & a few had to leave early, including Malinda who got the call late Sat. afternoon that they'd found a heart for her mother, who was on a transplant list. Thank the good Lord she is doing well! We missed you Sat. night Malinda, but so glad things went well! BTW - Shelleen, WE MISSED YOU!!!!


This sec pic is a group of bloggers, I think Ruth Ann asked for the pic. From left to right, me in red, Susan TN, Carolyn NC, Beth KY, Ruth CA, Renee SC, Michele WA, Chris NC & Karen AZ. Where did Nicole go btw?


I won a total of 4 ribbons in the Stitchers Showcase, 1 st, 1 2nd & 2 3rd, here's a pic of two of them for my Just Nan's. Karen AZ won 2nd place with her Bourse/Stitcher's Pouch from last's year class by Mary of M Designs, it's in the 2nd pic below - congrats Karen! There were 4 other categories with 3 prizes in each. I'll try to get them posted on the Pals website & you can visit if you like!


For anyone who reads Ruth's blog (The Musing Badger), we all know she is the photo queen. Ray snapped one of her taking pics... so I had to share. When you see her blog later, if there are pics of me with a lampshade over my head, please remember I was going on 4-6 hours of sleep per night for a week, lots of sugar (I'm not the only one who will think 2-3 times before having a Dairy Queen extreme chocolate blizzad again, those things make you HIGH!!) & I had no idea of what I was doing! Saying all that, she has been asked not to post them, but knowing Ruthie as I do, I think I'm in trouble.... REMEMBER, what happens in MB stays in MB Ruth!!! Love ya Ruthie!! ;-)

Here are some pics from the gathering on Friday night.... we had so much fun!

Thanks for visiting & I hope to have some stitching pics posted soon. Have a great Sunday & a great week ahead - happy stitching!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Great pictures Amy! I'm so sorry I missed out on being in the picture. My back was hurting, so I was laying down in my room. :( I won't miss it next year I promise!! Thanks again for putting together such a great event! :)

Nicole

Cindy F. said...

Looks like you had a great time! And what a turn out! I would love to attend something like that. My mom only lives 4 hours from Myrtle Beach. Congrats on your ribbons!! Your finishes are gorgeous:)

Carol said...

Oh, what fun!!! OK... next year I will make a more concerted effort and get there.... I am sure DH would love some time in SC anyhow, while I stitch away with you guys!

staci said...

Sounds like you had a terrific time! And congrats on your well-deserved ribbons!!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I just wanna go so bad! :)

Shelleen said...

Thanks for sharing the pics, Amy.

Ruth said...

Love the pictures, Amy, but next year if you go to DQ without me I may never forgive you! :)

Petra said...

Next year next year! The photos are great and it looks like so. much. fun!

Carol R said...

Great photos Amy - thanks for sharing.
I would love to make it over the pond for this event sometime!