Thursday, April 16, 2009

An exchange received & a WIP update...

I received an ornament from Jill the other day in the year long Ornament Exchange group I'm in. My month to receive is May, but Jill is on the ball & has sent early. :-) Isn't this lovely? It's "ABC Noel 2007" by ... a French designer! Maybe Jill will help us out with the name... I can't remember, sorry. Anyway, it's stitched with DMC 115 on white opal Cashel & it's just wonderful, thank you again Jill!


Next is Shepherd's Bush "My Earth" in progress (with before & after pics). I picked it back up several days ago & you can see my progress on it. I do hope to finish it soon. I ordered the mats from Jill Rensel & they should be here around May 1st or so. :-) I think it's so cute.... I'm still trying to decide if I want to add the words, such as grass, sunshine, etc... Right now I'm leaning towards leaving them off, so we'll see.


Before... (as of March 31st I think)


After (as of April 15th)



I have also sent out two exchanges today that I've recently stitched. I'll show you those after they have been received.


Oh, and here is the "Spring Exchange" that I sent to Becky SC last week. I think this is the cutest polka-dot fabric, and shouldn't we all "Be Hoppy" all the time? ;-) It was a simple stitch, but Becky kept telling me to keep it simple, so I took that to heart this time. I have her "Summer" project already figured out & it will be a bit more than this was, hope she'll be happy with it! :-)


Be sure to see my post below this one about the Online Needlework Show.
Thanks for stopping by & Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Dani said...

What a great ornament! Congrats on your progress as well. I love the spring exchange you did ... I think it fits into simply very well.

Karen said...

Very cute exchange piece...the fabric is cute and what a great finishing idea!

Love the SB too....can't wait to see that the mats will look like!
happy stitching...

Myrna said...

Wow... your ornament received is lovely; your WIP looks great; and your 'pink' Be Hoppy for Becky is darling!

Have a great evening...

BeckySC said...

OOOOH, you made some great progress on MY Earth :) It's looking so lovely!
I am SURE I will just love my Summer exchange as much as I did my Spring exchange :) LOVE it!!
Have a lovely weekend, Amy!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well for heaven's sake....have I been sleeping? Your Earth sampler is about finished...you've got the worst over with! I thought you were "kinda working on it"...that looks like a balls to the wall full tilt stitching to me ;)
Have a great weekend and I LOVE Jill's ornament to you...perfect, eh? :)

Terry said...

wow, you are moving right along with your projects. The SB is so cute!!

CindyMae said...

The ornies is just gorgeous! Your stitching is beautiful as well! I think that the exchange you sent Becky is beautiful! I just love it and think that you done a fantastic job on it!

Aussie Stitcher said...

My Earth is looking great Amy.

Nicole said...

Amy, the ornament turned out so sweet and your little exchange to Becky is adorable! Love your progress on My Earth! It's such a pretty design!

Anna Zont said...

Ooooo! I love Shepherd's Bush "My Earth"! It is the beautiful process!
And congrats with so nice exchange!