Friday, May 1, 2009

Honey... I'm home..... **edited!

Did you know I was gone? ;-) Ray & I took a super quick 3 night vacation this week. Wonder where we went? Here is what I woke up to all 3 mornings at 6 a.m.-ish..... can you say GORGEOUS!?!?! I already miss it, trust me....There isn't much that's as beautiful as the sunrise over the ocean, at least there isn't in my opinion! We stayed in a lovely oceanfront condo & I HOPE to go back to the exact same spot next year.


I was standing in the bedroom door taking this pic, we were right on the beach, it was wonderful!

These pics were taken from our balcony, looking south.....


and this one is looking north. It was gorgeous and I am so ready to go back.......



All were taken in the early morning (before 7 a.m.) so there weren't too many people on the beach. It was simply LOVELY....
To answer a question that has been asked, it's Garden City SC (just south of Myrtle Beach. A GREAT place to stay!


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful weekend!
Happy stitching!

14 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous indeed, Amy!!! Where is that location?

Natasha said...

Looks like a restful place indeed.

Deb said...

Looks absolutely heavenly wherever it was!!

missy said...

My eyes are GREEN with envy!!! Part of me wants to call you a name not fit to read but the majority of me says you deserve a beautiful getaway!! Just kidding about the name thing!!! I'm not that jealous...oh okay I am!! LOL

hugs
-missy-

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

You are so lucky.

Meredith said...

Hello! What a great getaway!!! We used to live in Pawleys Island, SC - just a little further South of Garden City. I miss it every day! Glad you had a good time! Meredith

Karen said...

What are you doing up at 6 am while on vacation?????

I would so love to be there right now. Glad you had a good time.

Rock River Stitches said...

Beautiful pics!!! I miss going to the beach. Loved it as a kid.

Tammy

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

How pretty! We used to go to Myrtle Beach all the time when I was a kid. It's been a long time - thanks for sharing the pictures!

Melissa said...

WOW, that is so gorgeous, Amy! My kids would absolutely love that.

CindyMae said...

Oh you are so lucky! It looks like it was just gorgeous there! So glad that you had a great time!

Diane (di) said...

Oh. my. goodness!
Absolutely beautiful!!!

My Life In Stitches said...

Beautiful!

Sherry said...

Beautiful! I am so glad you were able to get away for awhile. I loved our trip to the beach last year and the restfulness of the ocean!