Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day....


Memorial Day - I am probably one of many who doesn't take the time to observe Memorial Day like I should. There is no sacrifice greater than someone giving their life to keep us free. When you stop & think about what it takes to do this, it's almost more than the mind can imagine, at least for me. And the way the country is headed these days, we should be even more mindful and more grateful for all those that have died to keep us free in this great country. Thank you and I'm sorry doesn't seem to be enough to say to those who have lost loved ones in the service of our nation, but I don't know of any other words to say. So thank you to all, and I'm sorry for your great loss. Even though I may not express it very eloquently, I know the sacrifice your loved ones have made has helped to make this country one of the best in the world.



And here is something I read this a.m. that says it all SO much better than I ever could -


In observance of Memorial Day we honor and remember those brave men and women who have given their lives while in the military service. From the beginning of our Republic we have fought for ourselves and for others in the name of liberty. Whether it was the American Revolution or The Civil War, the objective is the same; to free ourselves and others from persecution in the name of freedom. Americans observe this holiday by visiting cemeteries and memorials, flying the flag of the United States at half-staff and placing American flags on each grave site at National Cemeteries. It is one of our most powerful holidays where there is not partisan divide.


We can all agree that observing those who have served in the military and those sacrificed their lives for this nation is something that we are all proud of. So today, let us not forget


4 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Beautiful and well said.

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

BrendaS said...

Beautiful words for the day to honor our military service men and women.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope that you had a great Memorial Day. I just wanted to say that the picture that you posted is amazing.

Lynn said...

Thank you for the beautiful pictures and the worthy words.