Sunday, October 31, 2010

2010 Pals Fall Fling - Part 2......

What a busy week I've had (not complaining - just saying......).  Spending almost a week at a stitching retreat at the beach IS truly WONDERFUL, but catching up from being away for almost a week is hard to do!  Anyway, here I am back with more pics from the Pals Fall Fling....  these are from the exchanges we did.

Below are 2 pics of my "grab bag" from this year.  Thanks to Susan & Charlene for both taking pics of it & sending them to me.  :-)  (I didn't get any pics this year, as I think I said in the last post).  I decided to do a " bolt of fabric" and the bolt had "stash" in it.  Ray took the end off, cut the bolt down, filled it with the stash & put the end back on.  Then we folded the 3 yards of this lovely Moda fabric into 1/3's & rolled it onto the bolt.  It was fairly popular - it came in 3rd for being "stolen" the most - not bad out of 60+ grab bags!   Yvonne ended up with it & I sure hope she was happy with the contents.  :-)



Next is the grab bag I got!   Can you tell what it is? Of course you can!  It's a basket in the shape of the state of SC!  Isn't that tissue paper really cool too?  It was shrink wrapped with a SC sticker on it too - but of course I had to open it so that came off really quickly!  It was from Karen SC & filled with all kinds of great things (lots of threads, buttons, beads, fat quarters of finishing fabric, a tuck pillow, stork scissors with a blue beaded fob w/a SC state flag charm, marking pins she made to match - and the list goes on!)  The thing that really made my day though was the paper you see laying on top (it was under the tissue paper when I got it, of course!).  Karen has a rubber stamp of SC with the Palmetto Tree & Crescent Moon (our state flag) as you can see, and if you scroll down the the next picture you can see a close up of what it says....



The "mark" on the map is Down Sunshine Lane & it's a Gift Certificate to DSL.  Karen, you have no idea how much this means to me.  Not the GC (though I do thank you for that as well!), but what you wrote on it.  I'll be saving this - and I won't forget it! :-)  Wasn't that super sweet of Karen?  If you know her, you know that's the kind of person she is.  If you don't know her, you really should - she's a wonderful person and I'm so happy to call her my friend! :-)

:-) :-)  :-)

Next up we have the two Halloween Exchange items from Thursday night.  First is this adorable witches hat by Patti OH - isn't it cute?  She did a great job with both the stitching & finishing - it's really adorable!  I don't know who the designer is, but it's just super cute...


And next is this wonderful Blackbird Designs stocking complete with beaded hanger by Yvonne.  She did an amazing finishing job on this cutie - I was thrilled to get it! :-)  I knew it would be gone by the time I got to choose - so I was thrilled when it was still there & it's ALL MINE! :-)



Next - since my camera was blinking that the batteries were about to go, is a group shot of the 7 Christmas ornaments I received on Friday night.  Aren't they all lovely?  I just adore each of them!!

The first one, the tree on the top left is from Donna K. in SC, the hardanger heart was done by Laurie from NY, the biscornu is from Char OH, the center design is from Toni IL, the bottom right Peace Tree is from Donna H. SC, who I taught to stitch while we were in high school - and I've FINALLY got something she stitched - after all these years! ;-)  The bottom center is from Susan TN and the Peppermint on the right is from Faye NC.  As I said, I adore all of these ornaments & also all of the ladies that stitched them! 
Click on the image to get a closer view of these beauties...
If I can remember, I'll try to get some close up pics of these soon - they're all really lovely!


And last but not least, this is what I received in the Stitched Exchange on Saturday night!
It was stitched by Fiona from Scotland - isn't it pretty?  There are 3 pics so you can see the whole piece.  It's really pretty I think, don't you agree? :-)


Open - and she included needles and a needle threader to match!

And open so you can see the front/back..... so pretty!



I do have another post to make to show you the gifts that were given to me - but I think they deserve their own post.  Look for Part 3 to come.....


Thanks for stopping by & HAPPY STITCHING!!


8 comments:

Karen said...

Amy...I'm glad you got my basket! You are so sweet and if everyone doesn't know you're the best, they need to know!

OMG....you did how many ornaments?!?!? I just love them all. Hate I missed the Halloween exchange but will definitely be there next year for it.

Can't wait to see more.

Faye said...

Thanks for sharing the photos Amy!!! You really racked up!

Cant wait to see part 3..... And congrats for being recognized as the best cs shop in SC!!!

Take care, Faye

Yvonne..... said...

Yes!! I was THRILLED to get your grab bag and was also thrilled you got my BBD stocking!

Congrats on being named Best CS Shop in SC!! Well deserved!!

Unknown said...

There was some serious karma going on that had you end up with Karen's basket!! And we sure can't argue with Karen as to who's the best CS shop in SC.

Thanks for the pictures, I was too busy having fun to get my camera out. Stupid, I know.

Amanda said...

Great pics! Would love to know who the designer was for the witches hat piece you got too! It's super cute!

a dancing needle said...

love the grab bag pics! i'd love to know where the red/green Christmas Tree pattern is from!!

Roberta said...

Wow, what great gifts and exchanges there were. What a great time you all had.

Love the pictures, did you ever get a group one??

Nicole said...

You got some great exchange pieces Amy! I love that BBD stocking - Yvonne did such a great job on it (I should have snuck it in my stitching bag Sat.) Just kidding (kinda). :)

You are definitely the best shop in SC - in the whole southeast in my opinion!!