Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lots to share...

Hi & Happy Saturday!  It's cold & raining here.  If the temps drop much, we might have sleet or snow.  UGH!  I know, it's *almost* Christmas, but I don't like cold at all!

I wanted to share a few more embroidered pillows/ornaments I've done, almost all are gifts.  I've done a few more that I gave away without taking pics, but I'm sure you get the idea from the many pics I've already posted....

First - more birds...
 And more snowmen....


Next are a few zipper bags that I made for a few friends.  Hope they find them as useful as I do!  I just LOVE this back fabric, wish I could find more of it.....


And here are some lovely things that were given to me this week....

First, from Jeanne in IL, one of my very first friends on the Internet, (14 years next week) - this came in today's mail!!!  She knitted two cotton dishcloths in my favorite colors and sent me a Willow Tree Friendship Angel ornament!  Thank you so much Jeanne - she is already on my tree, just love her!!

 Next is a wonderful (and oh so useful!) zipper bag that Myra made - don't you love this fabric?  It's called Williamsburg Sampler (I know because I have a small amount in my fabric stash cause I love it!).  Thank you again Myra, I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much!!

And last but certainly not least are two Mill Hill Bird ornaments that Kathy made for me.  (You can see Kathy in the Dec. 4th Stitch-In pics below - she has the black/bright green tote!).  Aren't they just the cutest little birds you've ever seen?  I adore them Kathy - thank you again!  They went right on my tree as well.  I thought my mom might try to sneak off with them yesterday when she stopped by - she loves birds as well!


Thanks to all of you for being so kind & thinking of me this Christmas season, I really appreciate it! 

Things this year are a bit sad - knowing friends that have lost or are losing loved ones, the bad economy & worry about what's to come, more things that need to be done than there is ever time for, and the list goes on.  BUT I'm still trying to be/think positively.  I've decided not to put too much pressure on myself trying to make everyone else happy & to try do just what's *right* and good, and to let the rest go.  I guess you could say I just want to do the best I can and hope that it's good enough.  I think it will be for those who really care!

Off to see if I can get some gifts wrapped before supper.  My sister was commenting this a.m. that my tree was lovely, but there were certainly NO gifts under it! lol  I need to take some pictures of my tree as well.  LOTS of new ornaments have been added this year - most of you know by now that I ADORE Christmas ornaments - almost to the point of obsession...  I can't help it, and they make me happy, so I'll continue that obsession! :-)

Thanks for stopping by - happy stitching!!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Amy,
Your embroidered pillows are beautiful. All of your other gifts are wonderful too.
Have a nice weekend.

Faye said...

I love all of your new goodies! Both those you have done and been gifted!!

We will hope for a bright future in 2011....

Merry Christmas, Faye

Karen said...

Your pillows are great. I love the green pillow. Looks like you have found another great stitching hobby!

Hope you have a nice Christmas...

Nan said...

It looks like you've been a busy girl. I love the zipper bags you make. I use the one I got at the Fall Fling all the time. I love the black fabric as well. Hope you got some gifts wrapped and under the tree.
Merry Christmas!

CalamityJr said...

Everything is lovely! I love your stitched pillows and the birds best, I think - but ask me in an hour and it will be something else, haha!

Fiona said...

Love the pillows, remember you buying the chart for the snowmen. The gifts you received are beautiful and well deserved.

Hugs

Fiona