Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day...



I ran across this website tonight and found this very moving - thought I'd post a link to the website & post this to make sure you read it -

"This weekend I am going to do something different. I am going to buy some carnations each day and go to one of the nearby cemetaries and walk through the sections for soldiers. When I find a grave that has no flowers, I'll leave one and say a prayer for the family of that person, who for some reason could not bring their soldier flowers. I will pray for our country and all who serve or have served. For their families, who also serve by losing precious days, weeks and months spent with their loved ones who are off serving, preserving peace and the freedom we have in this country. I'll pray for the families who paid the ultimate price, who's loved ones died, or were taken captive and never returned. I'll pray for anyone who may still be held in captivity and thinks perhaps they are forgotten. I do NOT forget.



I'll say a prayer for every person on the Internet who takes a moment from their time to come to sites like yours and be reminded of what this holiday really means. And I'll say a prayer of thanks and ask God's richest blessings on you.
Thank you again.... and God bless!
Sylvia Mohr"

God Bless.....

1 comment:

Nan said...

That is very moving Amy. Thank you for sharing. We are very blessed as a nation and individuals to live in the Unites States of America. Shall we never forget the sacrifices of those you gave us that honor.