Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stash Shopping.... (and then some!)

Before I start talking about all the fun some of us had shopping at the beach, I want to thank Carol at Carol's Crafty Creations (she's SO talented!) for the mini charm packs I won in her drawing - aren't they great!  I can't believe I actually won - that so rarely happens!  Thank you so much Carol - I just love these!!


And speaking of fabric.... we hit one quilt shop 3 times (or maybe they hit US, in the pocketbook!)....
I LOVE fat quarters - think I picked out enough this time?  The bottom left is "Sunkissed", and two up above that is called "California Dreamin" which I had been looking for.  I was thrilled to find it & now wish I'd bought more.  Oh well... The two beside of CA Dreamin' is Lilac Hill, which matches the mini Charm Packs above...  :-)
Some are just misc. pieces I wanted - some for Halloween finishing & some that I have planned for gift items.  Others are "just because" pieces and a few were from the $2 sale "row" that they oh so smartly had built all the way across the front of the counter.  How can you pass them by while you're standing waiting to pay?  Shame on them.... ;-(
I could have spent 6 more hours & $1000's of $$ in there if I'd had it. 
As you can see, I don't buy a lot of "large" pieces because I like making/finishing small items most.  I do buy yardage fairly often, but usually only when there is "plan" in place for it.   With a few exceptions - see below......
I have a "brat" friend to thank for these - don't you love the penny rug prints on the right?  And browns/reds, who can resist?  And the REDS on the right - gorgeous!  The one in the center is paisley - but the pic isn't very good. They are clickable for a closer view.
 Thank you Ms. Brat - love ya bunches! :-)

And Michelle told me to bring home the rest of her fat quarters I made her Huswife's from....

And a few more things I "needed" - love the grommet bag.  I'm sure I will use reds/paisleys.  And the little wallet kit was too cute to pass up.  The fabric is from the fabric line in the pic just above - the green is the same actually! :-)   And I had to buy the lime & fuchsia ric rac - haven't seen those colors around to buy!!

And below are a few things I had Ms. Brat to order from me from fabric.com when she was placing an order and she delivered them to me at the beach.  The paisley is from the Gallery In Red II series - I have tons of that line from last year, even have USED quite a bit of it.  The Full Circle charm packs I LOVED & had to have!  So much fabric - so many ideas... anyone know where to find an extra day of the week just for playing with fabric and or actually making something from all of it?  ;-)


And we also went two two bead shops - one of them only three times.  Yes, I know, but between the 4 of us who actually went shopping, we did well.  Next time we'll show EVERYTHING we buy before we leave the parking lot.  That way, we won't have to make 3 trips to go back & get what the other one bought.... ;-)  Oh and a few of these things came from Michael's as well....
I also used a few of the things I bought and a few just aren't in the picture.  I made two fobs, the red/black "crown" and the one with the sandcastle charm while at the beach.  Now about the sand castle charm - I bought that charm & a few of the shells on the fob LAST YEAR in the same bead shop.  (I LOVE sandcastles!!).  I just didn't get it made until this trip...  (yes, slow, I know!).  I needed more things to make the fob, so I found the Jasper Cross (both of the crosses are Jasper) and the brown shell bead at the top was bought at the "other" bead shop.  I think you can click on the picture for a larger view if interested.  The fob on the right with the turquoise was made by Michelle KS. She made one for each of us - wasn't that sweet of her?  Love the turquoise!


I also saw some of the most gorgeous beaded snowflakes in the display case & "fell in love" on the spot.  They had one book in-stock, so it found it's way in my hot little hands & came home with me as well.  I didn't take a picture, but you can see it here at Amazon - Beaded Lace Snowflake Ornaments.  They are BEAUTIFUL made up!!  I have to order some beads & get some made - before Christmas of THIS YEAR! ;-)

And we went to a craft show on Friday before we left. I bought one item and it was from the best booth there imho - look at my leaf (or angel wing, or feather) - whatever you want it to be - isn't it gorgeous!?  This was hard carved out of solid walnut by Paul of Whittlers Roost.  You can find him on facebook and on Etsy.  All of his work is just amazing - just gorgeous!  I love Black Walnut & I love the hole in the side, which goes all the way through.  Isn't it pretty?!

It's Saturday evening & my plans now are to go & stitch.... let's hope I can do that without falling asleep.  I'm worn out after this week....

Have a great weekend & happy stitching......


5 comments:

Denise said...

Wow - what a stash haul! Did you have room to bring it home all at once or in two trips? lol

And the black walnut lips/wing thingy - very cool!

Karen said...

OMG Amy.... looks like you are going to be very busy! Hope you do find time to stitch ;)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What wonderful stashing you do - love, love those reds! Will you share with us when you find that extra day!

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a great time shopping!

Happy Stitching!

Fiona said...

All your fabric is just gorgeous. I wonder which Ms Brat that would be? Have fun creating and making with your new stash.