Saturday, October 27, 2012

It's almost November....

Hi - I'm still here.  It's been a really rough year for me & I haven't felt like blogging.  We lost my dad on July 1st.  I still find it hard to believe - almost surreal - and it's still hard to deal with.  My mom has been having a very hard time, as I'm sure you can imagine.  They were married for more than 48 1/2 years.  His loss has left a huge void in all of our lives.  At least Ray & I were able to help during the last few weeks, and we didn't leave their house for the last 6 days he was with us.  I miss him terribly and can't believe it's been almost 4 months.  Anyway, thanks to all those who have kept us in your prayers.  He was a wonderful dad and I'll miss him every day for as long as I live.



It was really a rough year for several of my friends as well.  I have 4 friends who lost a dad and one who lost her mom - all from April 28th-July 11th.  Just one after another.  :-(  Very sad time for all of us.

I haven't done a lot of stitching or sewing this summer/fall - some, but not much.  I haven't done any blogging or keeping up with blogs.  I'm going to try to get back into it (all) soon.  Anyway, I just thought I'd stop by & let you know that I'm still around, even though I don't have a lot of fun/positive things to talk about right now.

Hope you all have a great weekend & a Happy Halloween next week!!


20 comments:

Patty C. said...

Welcome back
Hugs!

Cristina said...

Feeling your loss and I understand it so well. I'm an only child without any children of my own - dad left us 15 years ago and it was very rough on my mum as well... and then 4 years ago she left me suddenly... in question of hours... and still it is so hard for me.

Hopefully to be with us and stitching will help you. Welcome back.

Chris said...

So sorry for your loss Amy.

Christina said...

(((HUGS)))

CalamityJr said...

So sorry to hear what you've been going through. I know how hard it is to lose a parent; no matter their age, it's always too soon. I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers.

Miss LindaLee said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, Amy. It has to be hard for all of you. Dads are so very special and I'm sure you'll miss him always. I lost mine in 78 and miss him to this very day.
We'll all be thinking about you Amy and I'll be keeping you in prayer.

LindaLee from Cross’N My Stitches

Myra said...

Thanks for posing Amy. I have thought of you often and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Margaret said...

Amy, I know you must miss your Dad. My father dropped suddenly from a heart attack and even now 21 years later I still mourn the fact that I didn't get to say goodbye. May your good memories help your healing

Deb said...

Welcome back, but I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and those of your friends. I can certainly understand why you haven't felt like blogging.

Terry said...

I am so sorry about your precious father. Terry from Let's Quilt and Stitch

Jocelyn said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. We lost my hubby's Mom on April 17, and then two days later a very beloved Aunt followed her. We miss them very very much, so I know how you are feeling. Take care, and my the Lord bring peace to your heart.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The pain and sorrow of loss is heart-rending. It never will pass, because you'll never forget, but it does ease, a little. I will pray for peace for your family. He is in heaven and free of pain and in glory. What more could you want for those that you love? Nothing. My deepest, most sincere sympathy to you and all of yours.

lynda said...

You and your family are still in my prayers,Amy. It is so hard to lose a parent though somehow we carry on...or maybe the pain just numbs a little bit. Hugs for you all...

valerie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I can't imagine the sorrow but hope that you smile and enjoy all the memories you created together. Hugs and condolences to you.

Catherine said...

So sorry for your loss. It is never an easy thing to go through. Sending hugs and prayers...

Dee L said...

My mom and I still miss my dad and it has been 14 years this month. It gradually gets better because you begin to move the ache aside to let the joy of the times you remember being together come in. My prayers for you and your mother.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry for your loss, sending some (((hugs))).
I'm having a little blog hop over at mine so why not pop round and join in, find out what's been happening in blogland!

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne said...

Very sorry you lost your dad Amy. I know what a hole it leaves in your lives and heart. Sometimes we have to take a break from stitching and other things to deal with what life sends our way. I hope you will find ways to find joy in a lifetime of memories.

secondhandrose said...

Condolences to you and your family, Amy.
I lost my Mum in May so I understand some of the pain you are experiencing.
Take care.