Friday, December 19, 2008

Just some thoughts this morning......

About my Christmas tree having "a few" ornaments on it, I have managed to add about a dozen or so more ornaments since my post the other day. I know some of you think I'm nuts, but I LOVE my tree being completely covered in ornaments!!!! :-) So does everyone that see's it in person, or at least they say so. I guess they woudn't tell me if they thought it was tacky thought would they? ;-) I hope to get Ray to take some good pics of the tree today with some close up's of some of the ornaments. I have ornaments on the tree that are at least 40 years old. Some I made in Brownies (Girl Scouts) & there is one (from a set) that I can remember sitting at the kitchen table helping my mom make. She said my sister was a newborn & I was 5.5 when my sister was born, so that was 35 years ago! I remember making the ornaments with her so clearly. A few are some of the earliest ornaments my mom bought & my parents 45th anniversary is Sunday! And then I have ornaments on the tree that I bought at Hallmark this year, and a brass engraved ornament for every Christmas that Ray & I have known each other, and we met in Dec of 1985, so that's a lot of ornaments!! ;-)

While being very happy about my ornaments & special memories, some of my friends & customers (of whom many I also count as friends, though we've never met), are having some tough times right now. I don't have any great words of wisdom or a magic wand to make all the hurts & problems disappear, but I do want you all to know that you're in my thoughts & prayers. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with these things, esp. here at Christmas time. Try to remember that tomorrow is another day & it might be just as hard as today, but keep the faith & things will improve. I thank the good Lord for each day & all the blessings in my life & I hope that you will do the same. Sending hugs to you & PBS for you as well.

I hope everyone is getting lots of stitching in. None here this week to speak of, but keep watching.... though I said wasn't starting anything new, I will be! I might wait until Christmas Day.... we'll see! :-)

Check back later for pics (I hope!)

Have a great weekend & happy stitching!!

Oh and a PS about my Olde Colonial Basket & pin cushion.... if anyone is really interested in either one, I think I can still order them. But sorry, you cannot have mine! ;-) Nice try though....

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Amy,
A Christmas tree isn't complete until every ornament is hung. And then some!! Just my opinion. :) I can't wait to see your photos.
As for your words of wisdom,well, they are appreciated. Especially at this time. Mine are to say "I love you" every time you can. Give hugs and smiles to those you care for as often as you can.
On the stitching..... I just haven't been doing much either and am missing it but can't seem to concentrate. Soon. And then watch out. :)
Merry Christmas to you and yours. Oh and a very Happy Anniversary to your parents.

Karen said...

You would think we have a Charlie Brown tree compared to yours I'm sure! Can't wait to see the pics of your tree.

Rowyn said...

Your tree is beautiful, you certainly do not need to worry about it looking tacky. Have a great Christmas.