Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ornament from Rosalie! (and a funny)...

I just received this ornament from Rosalie (no blog) in the ornament exchagne group I'm in. She stitched one of the designs from Blackbird's Joyeux Noel - just love this design. Love that fabric too, isn't it pretty? Thank you again Rosalie!

It's been a busy week here with all the new Market items arriving & seems like both Ray & I are "trying" to get sick. Might just be sinus issues, hope that's all at least. I haven't stitched or sewed at all, but I hope to remedy that tonight. I had two weekend finishes that aren't "finished" yet, but I will get to that soon (fingers crossed!).

Got a little funny to share with you.... Ray goes to the eye doctor the other day and the lady at desk (she's new) asks him if address is the same and reads it from the chart, he answers yes. She asks if phone number is same, and again reads it aloud, he answers yes. Then she asks "has your birthday changed or is it the same?".... and he looks at her, waiting on the punchline... and she's not kidding, believe it or not. He says "no, don't think I can change that", and she still didn't get it! lol How do people get by in the world these days? It's no wonder the US is in the shape it's in - and I don't find that funny. But geez.... come on! Have you EVER been asked if your birthdate is the same or if it's changed? LOL

Okay, I'll stop now! ;-) Thanks for stopping by & Happy Stitching!!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Too funny! Yeah, if we could change our birthdates, there would be a lot more of us that were 39 or less!

Beautiful exchange - I love that fabric!

Nicole said...

What a very sweet ornament!! You can't have too many of those! :)

I feel like I'm getting something too, but I hope not! Bradley was home from school for the past two days because he caught a bug.

That's really sad about the lady at the eye doctor. Really Sad.

Robin said...

OMG! That is too scary! This woman probably drives too. She may even have reproduced and be influencing small minds. Makes the time I went through the McDonald's drive in and added "that's to go" to my order seem normal. lol

Pretty finish too.

Despina said...

that is so nice

Darla said...

OMG! It's a good thing "stupid" isn't painful. Some people would be in agony!

Deb said...

Oh, is that bad! LOL It makes you wonder sometimes, doesn't it!!

Kay said...

Really cute ornament - love the lacy trim! Changing birthdates...wow!

Cathy B said...

Beautiful ornament!

Wonder what she would have done if Ray had said that his birthday had changed!

Stitcher said...

I just have to answer this. The other night I had to speak to someone on the phone, they asked my name, address and my date of birth. Then was I ringing about myself or someone else. I said I was ringing about myself, they then asked if I was an adult or a child! Now I'd given my date of birth and I'm 50, so I had to think long and hard about whether I was an adult or a child.