Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another Week, Another Finish (#2 of 2 for today)

This is Blue Ribbon Designs "Beauty In Simplicity" stitched for the beautiful Oval Shaker Box (which I have!) made by the Canterbury Box Shop.  I stitched this one this past week, finishing it up yesterday evening.  I can't wait to get it "finished" - I'll post a picture of it again when I do.  I love this design and it didn't hurt that it was designed for a shaker box, which I adore as well.  The design is also available is a slightly different version to be framed if anyone is interested.  AND it comes with smalls that you can stitch & put in the box.  I might do those too... they're on my long & ever growing "list".  It's stitched on 32 ct Vintage Examplar from Lakeside using WDW floss (I did change one color - the flowers on the bottom are Red Pear instead of Bluecoat Red). 

I started a new project last night, so stay tuned............  not sure I can get it finished in a week, but I'm going to give it a try. 

Thanks for stopping by & happy stitching!!


26 comments:

Kathy Ellen said...

What a beautiful design! I have stitched it too, and love it, mounted on the oval Shaker Box.

Nancy said...

Beautiful finish!

Carol said...

You're so fats with the stitching. I love this design. I didn't realize they made designs for shaker boxes, great idea, it will be so cute on the box.

Carol said...

Ugggg, my iPad likes to change my words. Of course I meant to say: You're so fast with the stitching. Sorry about that.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Owwww - can just see this lovely atop your Shaker! Now get busy with those tinies, too! :-)

Diane (di) said...

Amy, that is beautiful!

Congratulations on your finish!!

Teresa S. said...

Beauty in Simplicity has turned out more beautiful than the pictures show!
By the way, what size Shaker box does it call for with the 32 ct fabric you used?

natalysneedle said...

Gorgeous finish! I have stitched it twice, one for a model and one for myself. I also did the full set of smalls for each and loved every minute. The smalls stitch up quickly and the finishing instructions are awesome. Go for it!!

Tricia T said...

I was actually looking at this set online earlier and it is beautiful! How tempting!!!

jeanneil said...

Love it!! It is beautiful!

Christine said...

Beautiful job of stitching! I love the design!

Unknown said...

WOW! It looks like you are trying to take over Teresa's Turbostitcher title! That piece is really beautiful.

Christina said...

Your finish is so pretty.

Fiona said...

I love this design and would love to stitch it, but am looking after my pennies at the moment. I knew what Carol meant to say, but her original post made me smile...LOL. I'm with Beth are you after Teresa title???

Karen said...

You are really on a roll lately! Very pretty finish and can't wait to see it in the box.

Praying for you and your family!

Veronica said...

This is so pretty. Lovely stitching!

Hugs,
Veronica.

LUNA said...

Beautiful picture, I salute

Lynn said...

Beautiful piece. Can't wait to see it on the box. Beautiful stitching.

Shelleen said...

This is really pretty and I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Catherine said...

I've always admired this piece!

Faye said...

Nice job Amy...Can't wait to see it on that box~~ Holding your dad in my prayers....Always, Faye

Faye said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday...~!

Andréa said...

I love it so much! this job is great.

kisses

Kathy said...

I love your designs!! I really love the sewing machine one as I love to sew.

Line @ WikkidWoman said...

Gorgeous finish Amy

Christina said...

I love to see all your beautiful stitching! Just discovered your lovely blog and you are tempting me to go finish some stitching I started years ago... Maybe...